The Surgery will be closed over Christmas on: Monday 25th December & Tuesday 26th December
And will also be closed over New Year on: Monday 1st January & Tuesday 2nd January
In an emergency, please 'phone NHS24 on 111
Rowlands Pharmacy in Culloden will be open on Christmas Day between 11.30-13.30
Kinmylies Pharmacy will be open on New Years Day between 13.30-15.30
For more information on Chemist Closures around Christmas and New Year please go to our Prescription Tab - Local pharmacies.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ALL OF US AT THE SURGERY.
GET YOUR FLU JAB!! BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH US NOW!
Getting the vaccine is the best protection available against flu. You have to get the vaccine every year because the virus changes constantly and your immunity reduces over time.
All patients 65 years of age and over are eligible for the flu vaccine
Patients age under 65 with any of the following are also eligible -
• Chronic respiratory disease (asthma, COPD, cystic fibrosis)
• Chronic heart, kidney or liver disease
• Chronic neurological disease (stroke/TIA, MS, cerebral palsy)
• Diabetes (type 1 and 2)
• Immunosuppression (chemotherapy patients, HIV)
• In a household with someone who is immunosuppressed
• Asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen
• Pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
• Unpaid carers and young carers
• Long-stay care homes
• Adults with a BMI of ≥40
Appointments are available from 2 October 2017. Pre-book your appointment at reception.
- The Surgery will be closed from 2pm on Tuesday 14th November. We will be open as usual from 8am the next day. If you are seeking medical attention during this time please call NHS 24 on 111
- Are you new to the area or looking to change Practice? We would be happy to help you. You can Register Online or call the surgery to speak to the reception staff.
- You may have been aware of news media in recent days featuring articles regarding GP On-Line appointment service availability across Scotland.
- As you know, this is not a service we offer at the moment, but this is going to change! Please see statement below from NHS Highland for further details -
- "NHS Highland has 98 GP practices with 28 practices having the ability to offer online appointments and repeat prescriptions. NHS Scotland (and NHS Highland) has recognised that additional investment needs to be made in this area so that the target of 90% of GP surgeries being able to offer repeat prescription’s and appointment booking online by the end of 2017 can be achieved. To help meet this target additional funding has been provided by NHS Scotland and this funding has allowed NHS Highland to offer these services to another 42 practices.
- The additional 42 practices have yet to go live as there is a requirement to upgrade the version of the GP clinical practice system. This work is being coordinated at a National level and when complete this will allow the 42 practices to switch on their online services.
- Additional funding has been allocated this year to enable more practices to offer these services"
- For information on prescriptions click on the tab above or simply click here to order yours.
- In October this year we prescribed 6069 items on prescriptions, this averages out at nearly 300 a day. This is why we need at least 48 hours to process your prescription. Please order in plenty of time.
- Avoid the hassle and save time with your repeat prescriptions! Ask your pharmacist about the Chronic Medication Service
In Scotland, the most common disease ticks transmit is Lyme disease - To avoid ticks when out and about in the countryside or anywhere near wildlife cover up as much skin as you can as ticks will find it more difficult to bite you and using an insect repellent will also help!
For more information on ticks and how to safely remove them got to 'Our Services' tab along the top or visit the links below.
(Site updated 14/12/2017)